After years of eager anticipation, the release of No Man’s Sky is finally upon us. To better acquaint you with the various facets of this upcoming space exploration action-adventure, we’ve compiled everything you need to know about it below.
For more on No Man’s Sky, check out our recent stories below, and be sure to check back often as we update this article with our review and more news and features.
- No Man’s Sky Servers Will Reset Before Launch
- No Man’s Sky Coming to PC 3 Days Later Than PS4, Dev Confirms
- Guy Who Bought Leaked No Man’s Sky Copy Reaches Center of Galaxy
- No Man’s Sky’s 18 Quintillion Planets Take Up Just 6 GB on Disc
- No Man’s Sky’s Menus and Upgrade Tree Look a Lot Like Destiny
- Listen to No Man’s Sky Atmospheric Soundtrack Here
- No Man’s Sky Dev Is Already Finishing Work on First Big Update
- No Man’s Sky Dev Celebrates Milestone With Group Selfie and Champagne
What You Need to Know
No Man’s Sky is an action-adventure game where you can explore a procedurally generated deterministic open universe, which includes over 18 quintillion planets. You’ll chart undiscovered planets, mine resources, engage in space battles, and much more; the galaxy is literally your oyster. No Man’s Sky’s world remains persistent too, which means your actions can have a permanent effect on the world; and since its a shared universe, those actions can be felt and seen by other players. For more details on these exciting elements and others, check out our various features on the game below.
- How to Play No Man’s Sky: A Detailed Breakdown–Hello Games’ ambitious sci-fi adventure has proven difficult to understand. For an incredibly in-depth look at everything you need to know, check out our feature detailing all the different aspects to the game.
- No Man’s Sky Interview: People Want “Crazy, Innovative” Games–Director Sean Murray discusses 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets, loneliness in a shared universe, and “the perfect fit for virtual reality.”
- No Man’s Sky on PS4 Doesn’t Require PlayStation Plus–No Man’s Sky (technically) has multiplayer support, but it won’t force you to have Plus to play online.
Features and Impressions
- The Consequences of No Man’s Sky: Will Players Destroy or Preserve the Universe?–It may be possible to affect a planet dramatically enough for the change to become permanent. But is it good to even try? Join us as we discuss the implications of No Man’s Sky’s shared universe and what our actions might do to affect its virtual world.
- Making Sense of No Man’s Sky’s Massive Universe–We compare the upcoming space exploration game’s ridiculously big universe to other games and the real world.
Official Trailer Series
Developer Hello Games put together a series of trailers highlighting all the different activities you can do in No Man’s Sky. From exploring the galaxy and gathering resources to trading and interacting with alien NPCs,there’s a lot to see. Watch the first video in the series above, and be sure to check out the rest in the links below.